Introduction to SCCU
Who are street children and why is it a pervasive problem in Uganda?
Why are organizations like SCCU important in the effort to address the problem?
•To enroll vulnerable children into educational and vocational institutions.
• To protect children and their rights.
• To instill moral principles and social justice to vulnerable children and youth.
• To network with other humanitarian organizations, private companies, foundations and individuals for shared information and resource mobilization.
• To establish income generating activities for program sustainability.
• To resettle children to their families and areas of origin.
• To provide material support in form of basic needs during the rehabilitation process.
• To establish rehabilitation and resource centers in different areas with high prevalence rates of vulnerable children.
Improvement of social, economic livelihood of street, Ex-street children and other vulnerable groups.
To instill hope in the children and chalenge the public on the issue of child suffering and to bring them forward as pillars of tomorrow.
To create an out reach vision with deep concern and sympathy for the under prevailing groups i.e. street, Ex-street children and other vulnerable groups.